1. Favorite non-dairy milk?
so delicious coconut milk! in original.
2. What are the top 3 dishes/recipes you are planning to cook?
pumpkin swirl cheezecake
apple cranberry pie
veggie pot pie
3. Topping of choice for popcorn?
i don't eat a lot of popcorn but i like buttery. i tried a coconut butter/cinnamon before which was pretty good.
4. Most disastrous recipe/meal failure?
i can't remember but i know there have been at least a few. i must have shoved them out of my mind!
5. Favorite pickled item?
6. How do you organize your recipes?
i have no organization when it comes to recipes. i have a lot in my favorites and it takes forever to find what i'm looking for. i also write down the ones i plan to actually make on notepads, still no organization there either. there's like 5 notepads filled with random recipes. maybe i should make a contents page for each of them ;)
7. Compost, trash, or garbage disposal?
i compost some, like if there is a lot, but if it's just a couple little scraps it goes in the trash. if it's a whole rotten fruit sometimes i will throw it outside the house so an animal can eat it.
8. If you were stranded on an island and could only bring 3 foods...what would they be (don't worry about how you'll cook them)?
fresh bread, chickpeas, and sweet potatoes
9. Fondest food memory from your childhood?
helping my mom make christmas cookies
10. Favorite vegan ice cream?
so delicious ice cream sandwich minis - vanilla
11. Most loved kitchen appliance?
12. Spice/herb you would die without?
13. Cookbook you have owned for the longest time?
the accidental vegan
14. Favorite flavor of jam/jelly?
15. Favorite vegan recipe to serve to an omni friend?
anything that doesn't require the addition of fake cheese ;)
16. Seitan, tofu, or tempeh?
17. Favorite meal to cook (or time of day to cook)?
18. What is sitting on top of your refrigerator?
a box of storage containers, a couple baking dishes, paper plates and such for parties, foam stickers, a stapler, a box of funky scissors, oh and a sandwich press thing that has never been taken out of the box.
19. Name 3 items in your freezer without looking.
amy's california burgers, lots of tomatoes, and bags of frozen fruit and veggies
20. What's on your grocery list?
veggies, bananas, tofu, coconut milk, flour, pasta, all kinds of stuff.
21. Favorite grocery store?
22. Name a recipe you'd love to veganize, but haven't yet.
i can't think of one at the moment. i'm sure there's something.
23. Food blog you read the most?
the edible perspective - love her photos and recipes!
24. Favorite vegan candy/chocolate?
endangered species chocolate bars, and enjoy life chocolate chips
25. Most extravagant food item purchased lately?
i always try to only buy what we really need (and what i really need to make yummy food) but i always have like 5 different kinds of sugars in the cupboard including syrups.
26. Ingredients you are scared to work with?
seitan. my first attempt at making it was pretty bad, it was dry and not very flavorful. haven't given it much thought since.